Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not the greatest of father's day's this year. Talked w/ my dad earlier... he's back in the hospital. Backstory : on Wednesday, Cherie called me up at work and told me my dad was in the hospital because he was having chest pains. Turns out he had a minor heart attack Tuesday night, but fortunately there was no permanent damage done to his heart. They didn't really know what caused it, but they thought it was a combination of the cholesterol medicine he was taking as well as starting a new workout program. He ended up going home Thursday evening. Friday night he started having chest pains again, so they brought him back to the hospital and it turns out he had another minor heart attack =( . Again, I don't think there was any permanent damage done, but the doctor's don't know why he's having these heart attacks. They've ruled out all the "major" causes, and still don't know why this is happening. They're running a bunch of tests now to see what might be causing this, and they're gonna talk with a cardiologist tomorrow.

After I talked w/ my stepmom on Wednesday, I really had a tough time concentrating on work and everything. I really just had to force myself to not think about it, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get anything done. Wednesday evening I had flag football practice, which was nice to get outside and run around and take my mind of things. Friday I had band practice, which again was nice to just lose yourself in the music and take out some frustration on the guitar. But this weekend I've been thinking about it almost nonstop...

Happy father's day to all the dad's out there. You mean more to your sons/daughters than you'll ever know

No comments: