Wednesday, February 11, 2009

jesus, the week is only halfway over??!? that long ass day of work yesterday really sapped my energy. that, and my lack of coffee this morning

so, here's a boring story: my mom gave me a heart rate monitor for my birthday a couple years ago (i had asked for it). It's one of the ones that you strap to your chest, and then there's a watch that displays your HR. The back of the watch (the part that touches your skin) is metal, so i had assumed that the thing on your chest passes some signal to the watch through your body. on some of the cardio machines @ the gym, they have a heart rate monitor that you put your hands on and it passes some current across your body to figure out your heart rate. recently when i've been going to the gym i've been wearing this thing. on the cardio machines, i noticed that even without my hands being on the machine's monitor, the machine still picked up my heart rate (and pretty accurately). i was like uhhh wtf is going on. so today i've been wearing this HR monitor just to see how many calories i burn throughout the day. i turned my electric guitar and amp on, and heard beeping. apparently the thing that straps to your chest is sending out a wireless signal, and the watch (and everything else) is just picking up that signal. the moral of this story is, don't wear a heart rate monitor if you want to play electric guitar. the end.

off to watch lost and spend some time with the gf.

No comments: