Tuesday, February 24, 2009

phat tuesday!!

Laissez les bon temps router my friends! Today (well, technically yesterday) is Mardi Gras. Back when I lived in Louisiana, this meant staying up late to see the parade. Now, it means getting drunk off my ass. Strange how times change...

So obviously I'm a tad inebriated right now. Funny how a lot of my posts on this blog are alcohol-induced. My stepbro made an offhand comment 4 years ago about how you're the opposite of yourself when you drink. This kind of rings true to me since I feel a lot more social and easygoing with a couple H-bombs and beers in me.

Tonight I went out with Jenny, Habibi, Taylor, and two of Jenny's friends (Morgan and Lee). I had hung out with Morgan and Lee twice before, and one of the times Lee and myself jammed on a couple tunes. Both of them are really cool, and I hope to hang out with them many more times in the future. Speaking of guitar......

Lately I've been wanting to record a lot of shit. I asked A-dizzle to send me a song he had been working on so that I could listen to it, and hopefully in the future contribute to it. Playing guitar by yourself is like masturbating... sure it feels good, but in the end you're still just jerking off. I need to start playing/collaborating with some other people. I feel like all of the stuff I've been working on in my lessons will pay dividends once I start applying it musically. Maybe I need to learn a couple of other instruments so I can produce stuff by myself.

Welp, I should probably end this blog post right now. I could go on for awhile about various things, but work is a-callin and I need to answer that call pretty soon. 'Night fellas!

No comments: